童谣欢唱绘本 Childhood Songs Soundbook
Our family has been crazy about nursery rhymes and songs of our childhood recently! I think songs and rhymes are one of the best and underused tools to nurture 听说唱 domains in kids and create a fun Mandarin learning environment at home.
My favourite moments with these song soundbooks are definitely
- having uninterrupted time to cook when the kids listen to songs and learn, then they teach me!
- when the kids try to follow the text lyrics word-for-word, discover how to read certain words and shout 妈妈！这个读“走”！ etc
- when the kids learn a childhood song of mine by heart (:
- when the kids enjoy the songs with grandma, and grandma sings along
Each song comes with:
- Lyrics in clear bold print
- Hanyu pinyin
- Beautiful bright illustrations
- Musical score if you'd like to play the tune out
- Audio with singing - to listen and sing along
- Audio, instrumental - for a karaoke session when kids eventually learn the lyrics and tune by heart!
- Volume control
- Tap on the song button the 2nd time, to stop playing (I really appreciate this for times when I just need the music to stop immediately)
Recommended for Ages: 1-6
Language: Simplified Chinese
Just received this audiobook and am intrigued by the chinese tunes! I’ve never heard any of them before so I’m excited to learn them along with my son. I really like that musical notation for the tunes are provided so I can have the option of playing them on the piano and do live singing. I also appreciate that there’s an instrumental version to the tunes! Volume is adjustable. Overall, versatile as a learning resource and easy to use. Simple start/stop function :)