妈妈买绿豆！Mum, Buy Green Beans!
A title dear to our heart and close to home!
Ah Bao is out shopping with his mother. They buy green beans, cook green bean soup, eat green beans, grow them, and wait to see them sprout. The boy's close relationship with his mother shines through the simple storyline.
Recommended for Ages: 1-6
Language: Simplified Chinese
- How and why do people buy things?
- What do plants need to grow?
- What are dried goods and why can they be kept for long periods of time?
- How do people freeze food?
- How do people around the world wash and dry their laundry?
Suggested extension activities:
- Hanging up cloths activity
- Beans sorting activity
- Watering and caring for plant, recording progress through photos or drawings
- Cook green bean soup and make green bean popsicles together
- Write a grocery list in Chinese, then go shopping together, crossing off each item as it is found
- Observe, compare and contrast various beans
- Let the child buy something at the store by himself or herself! Great for training independence
- Practical Life: grocery shopping, cooking, gardening.
- Living things: plants.
- Science: Plant life cycle, heating cooling cooking, states of matter (water to steam), passage of time.
If you find My Story Treasury's suggestions helpful, do share them with someone who could benefit too!
This is the very first book I bought from the seller.
Love this book and is easy to read to your litte ones and a book that encourages bonding session.
Lovely realistic detailed illustration. Love the simple yet meaningful story. It shows different ways to use the green beans! Zero waste!
A very simple but delightful story about buying and cooking green bean soup. My daughter( 2 yrs 4 mths) is excited to make her own green bean soup after reading this story. Highly recommend!