中秋节 立体绘本 Mid-Autumn 3D Pop-up Book
Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the major traditional festivals celebrated by Chinese all over the world. Just like Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn is all about reunion in the family. Read up all about the festival in this interactive title and learn about Chang'e, mooncakes and lanterns.
Look out for the full moon on 24 September 2018, 农历八月十五!
-Have you ever wondered why the moon looks different every night?
-Why do people eat mooncakes during Mid-Autumn Festival?
Suggested extension activities:
- Share with your child how Mid-Autumn Festival was celebrated in your childhood
- Make a moon diary - Observe and draw the moon across a month, see how it transforms
- Buy or DIY a lantern and take it on a night walk
- Learn how to strike matches and light a candle, then watch it flicker in the night! Discuss about fire safety and how a candle lights up the darkness
- Play with sparklers!
- Exchange and try different types of mooncakes (eg yam, snowskin, double yolk, lotus seed paste, ice cream)
Awesome pop up book with plenty of creative activities to facilitate learning about this festive day (mid autumn festival).