吃饭的秘密 The Secrets to Eating Well (Set of 5)
This book set written by a notable Japanese nutritionist 岩间范子 is undoubtedly my top recommendation for nurturing healthy eating habits in our next generation.
It uses an ingenious yet simple way of using 3 colours to teach young kids about nutrition.
Red food help us grow well, by forming blood, strengthening our muscles, bones and teeth. Includes fish, meat, eggs, milk, cheese, tofu etc.
Yellow food gives us lots of energy. Includes bread, rice, noodles, sugar etc.
Green food keeps illnesses at bay, and bring balance to our body. Includes seaweed, fruit and vegetables.
Books included in the set:
- 怎么吃饭才营养 How to Eat Healthily
- 吃了长个子的红色食物 Red Food to Grow Well
- 吃了有力气的黄色食物 Yellow Food to Give Us Energy
- 吃了不生病的绿色食物 Green Food to Keep Illnesses at Bay
- 吃好了才健康的盐和水 Salt and Water to Keep Us Healthy
Recommended for Ages: 2-99
Books in set: 5
Language: Simplified Chinese
Translated from: Japanese
Translated by: 王成昆
The Japanese style illustrations are so vivid and attractive, attracting young and old readers alike! Love that the information presented is clear and concise, piquing our interest. I really appreciate the simplicity of the text throughout the books, plus the option of delving deeper for older kids, giving this bookset awesome mileage over a range of ages. This to me, makes this a clear winner and a must-have in our bookstore.
Just from Book 1 of the set, there are already many treasures!
- Causing kids to think about the origin of food. Pg 4 shows a meal of rice, miso soup, salmon with tomatoes, green veggie, and sausages. Then it breaks down the ingredients in pictorial form, making it really easy to understand!
- Showing appropriate portions of food using our palms, in Pg 12.
- Teach the right way to use chopsticks, in Pg 22.
- Learning to be grateful for the hard work of many others who help provide our food, like those who raise pigs, fruit and vegetable farmers, delivery men, those who create sauces, and those who prepare the food for us, in Pg 24-27
Tons more fun facts to discover in the rest of the books.
If this set seems interesting, I'm sure you'd love 我喜欢的身体绘本 My Favorite Body bookset - another Japanese bookset which is all about healthy life habits!
Be sure to check out other titles in the Daily Life Collection! Mandarin is best learnt when directly relevant to our daily life.