A beautiful story based on the childhood experiences of Georgie Badiel, who had to walk for miles everyday with her mother to collect water.
What we like about it
- Rich earth tones in artwork
- Reminds us that water is precious and we shouldn’t take it for granted
- Introduce us to different cultures
- Where does water come from?
- How does Singapore get our water?
- How did Singapore used to get our water in the older kampung days? Maybe we can get the grandparents to tell their stories!
- What’s a desert? Features of a desert? Animals and plants and human adaptations for living in deserts