童谣欢唱绘本 Childhood Songs Soundbook
Our family has been crazy about nursery rhymes and songs of our childhood recently! I think songs and rhymes are one of the best and underused tools to nurture 听说唱 domains in kids and create a fun Mandarin learning environment at home.
My favourite moments with these song soundbooks are definitely
- having uninterrupted time to cook when the kids listen to songs and learn, then they teach me!
- when the kids try to follow the text lyrics word-for-word, discover how to read certain words and shout 妈妈！这个读“走”！ etc
- when the kids learn a childhood song of mine by heart (:
- when the kids enjoy the songs with grandma, and grandma sings along
Each song comes with:
- Lyrics in clear bold print
- Hanyu pinyin
- Beautiful bright illustrations
- Musical score if you'd like to play the tune out
- Audio with singing - to listen and sing along
- Audio, instrumental - for a karaoke session when kids eventually learn the lyrics and tune by heart!
- Volume control
- Tap on the song button the 2nd time, to stop playing (I really appreciate this for times when I just need the music to stop immediately)
Recommended for Ages: 1-6
Language: Simplified Chinese
Got this cute soundbook to incorporate more Chinese into my young nephew’s day-to-day life. Learning a language through Music is definitely a lot more fun & easier! The older nephew can also play along on the piano while playing/bonding with his brother. So sweet right? Haha
Just received this audiobook and am intrigued by the chinese tunes! I’ve never heard any of them before so I’m excited to learn them along with my son. I really like that musical notation for the tunes are provided so I can have the option of playing them on the piano and do live singing. I also appreciate that there’s an instrumental version to the tunes! Volume is adjustable. Overall, versatile as a learning resource and easy to use. Simple start/stop function :)