Our family has been crazy about nursery rhymes and songs of our childhood recently! I think songs and rhymes are one of the best and underused tools to nurture 听说唱 domains in kids and create a fun Mandarin learning environment at home.
My favourite moments with these song soundbooks are definitely
- having uninterrupted time to cook when the kids listen to songs and learn, then they teach me!
- when the kids try to follow the text lyrics word-for-word, discover how to read certain words and shout 妈妈！这个读“走”！ etc
- when the kids learn a childhood song of mine by heart (:
- when the kids enjoy the songs with grandma, and grandma sings along
Each song comes with:
- Lyrics in clear bold print
- Hanyu pinyin
- Beautiful bright illustrations
- Musical score if you'd like to play the tune out
- Audio with singing - to listen and sing along
- Audio, instrumental - for a karaoke session when kids eventually learn the lyrics and tune by heart!
- Volume control
- Tap on the song button the 2nd time, to stop playing (I really appreciate this for times when I just need the music to stop immediately)
Recommended for Ages: 1-6
Language: Simplified Chinese
Got this to sing along with my baby and he loves it.
best recommendation by mystorytreasury!
at first it was such a shock for us to hear Chinese songs - let alone sing to her. but within a week, we were hooked! tunes are catchy, hanyupinyin for every word, simple colourful pictures to engage our kid.
it was really chinese made easy.
Kids love the book very much!
I received this as a gift from a friend. My daughter who is about 2 has been listening to this every day for about a month and still enjoys it! The variety is great, and there are also lyrics in Hanyu pinyin and in Chinese, so that you can sing along too. It's also light so you can bring it along outside too if you wish.
total 16 songs. familiar tune and my 19 months old daughter will dance with it. books comes with lyrics and han yu pin yin so it makes it easy for me to sing along to her.