戏曲工作坊 Chinese Opera Workshop for Families by Nam Hwa Opera and My Story Treasury
Please note before checking out:
- Payment for this workshop is accepted through Paynow only.
- Please select Paynow AFTER entering in billing address.
Coupon codes are not applicable for this workshop.
- Please indicate the names of the participants and kids' ages in the comment box at checkout.
eg Cindy 慧玲, Joshua 凯恩, Jeremy 仁杰 (age 4), Carissa 馨怡 (age 7)
- Tickets sold are non-refundable.
- This a parent-accompanied event,
no entry for kids under 4,
and each ticket admits 1 child or adult only,
adults need tickets too,
minimum 2 tickets per booking.
Interested in exposing your child to Chinese culture
while having some bonding time?
Come and learn about Chinese opera
through this Mandarin storytelling and a hands-on workshop for families,
jointly organised by Nam Hwa Opera and My Story Treasury!
- Mandarin storytelling of the book《找到了！》 on local Chinese opera
- Meet-the-Author! Take a peek at Sock Peng's actual drafts, what materials she uses, and learn about her researching, drawing and publishing process. Perhaps your child may be inspired to create and publish their own books too!
- Experience the elements of Chinese opera through simple opera movements and exercises, taught by their artistic instructor.
- Don on opera costumes as a family for some special photos. Such a rare experience!
- Design our own 3D Chinese opera masks
- Pop-up book sale by My Story Treasury - Check out our books, or arrange with us to pick up your order there!
Participants will be bringing home
- 2 children's books on Chinese opera
- Chinese opera mask craft
- book voucher and
- memories for a lifetime!
Date: 19 June 2022
Time: [SOLD OUT] 1 - 2.30 pm, 3.30 - 5 pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
This is a Parent-accompanied event.
Suitable for children of 4-8 years old.
(No entry below age 4)
Fee: $15 per child or adult
(Parents, grandparents or guardians need tickets too)
Limited slots available!
Conducted in Mandarin.
Venue: Nam Hwa Opera Limited 南华潮剧社有限公司
Address: 1 Straits Blvd, #11-03D Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre (Office), Singapore 018906
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar MRT (East West line), Exit E, 6min walk
Buses: 10, 57, 70, 75, 97, 100, 106, 107, 130, 131, 133, 162, 167, 186, 196, 400, 502, 970
On-site parking is available in Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre