“忽然之间你我的 距 离，
拉得 好远 好 远 。“
We're really excited to stock Ah Guo's latest book, a record of Singapore's circuit breaker season.
Life has been forever changed since Covid-19 spread around the world in a global pandemic, and this book details scenes around Singapore that we could never imagine happening in the past, but have come to accept, like
- social distancing
- not being able to gather in big groups with family and friends
- relatively empty streets
- public seating areas being cordoned off
What we love about this book
- visual documentation of life in Singapore amidst the global pandemic
- almost 30 endearing and beautiful watercolour illustrations
- the words are extremely well-written - read them for yourself!
- very relatable for children, with lots of landmarks / things that little ones can recognise - Merlion, Esplanade Theatres by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, Art Science Museum, hawker center, durian stalls and lots of heartland scenes!
- helps us make sense of changes, find little things to be grateful for, and gives hope on the journey ahead
Each book comes with
- Ah Guo's 亲笔签名和插画 autograph and a little drawing!!
- 2 postcards
- a personal note from him!
We also stock another set of books illustrated by Ah Guo - 儿童新唱计划: 我们的儿歌画故事 The Nursery Rhymes Project 1 & 2: Paint Our Songs (Set of 2). A lovely series of local nursery rhymes, a gift of song from one generation to the next!
Here's a peek behind the scenes of how Ah Guo illustrates and writes!
An inspiring video for little budding illustrators and authors.
Spot scenes from his newest book in the video (:
Check out more of his artwork over at https://www.leekowfong.com/