小羊上山 Little Lamb Goes up the Hill - Mandarin Levelled Readers (3 Levels, Total 30 Books)
My child's Chinese teacher highly recommended this set of books to help him have more confidence in independent reading. Am excited to share this bookset with you!
- 30 books
- spanning 3 levels
- each level covers 60 words
- Use high frequency words and pictorial support
- to let children guess the meaning of words in the story
- For the first level, every book uses only about 15-30 words - easier to read and less stressful
- Focus terms for each story appears repeatedly, so children can remember and understand the related vocabulary, sentence structures and context
- Increment in difficulty level is kept small so as to protect the child's interest in reading, and also maximise sense of achievement
- Sentences intentionally contain newer words amidst "older" and more familiar words to boost confidence
- In level 3, there are 2 additional sections
- 趣味小问答 to ask some questions related to the story, to allow parents to check if their child understands the story
- 陪孩子一起读 to help parents summarise and mentally organise the content of the story, so that parents can discuss the main points and help their children to reflect more
- Comes with a parent guide with easy-to-digest pointers in comics form
- Includes word lists, word cards and achievement certificates for sense of achievement
- At the end of every book, there is a little game, activity or interesting science fact!
This set of readers pairs very well with a structured reading curriculum such as 四五快读 Si Wu Kuai Du - 4, 5 Quick Read!
Suitable for ages: 3-9
Language: Simplified Chinese
I was amazed that my 5yo could recognise Chinese characters while reading the books in this series. Great for boosting confidence in early readers!
I love this set of books! Our son is turning 5 and is learning how to recognise some characters. The words are cleverly repeated through the book and series to allow children to practise recognising the words. He was so proud of himself when he could read the pages!
It goes really well with the series 四五快读 too! I love it.
小羊上山 is great resource to help readers learn Mandarin without making it an uphill task. Each book repeats core words to reinforce recognition of characters. Reaching the end of each book, there is a little certificate for the reader - a big reward for the child.
And the illustrations are beautiful!