Regular price $11.90 SGD
Regular priceUnit price per
"Maybe..." "I wonder..." "What if..."
- are these terms familiar and natural to you or your kids?
"Perhaps" is a book showcasing an exhilarating blend of colour, shape, and logic,
providing an inspirational visual journey to any reader.
In this book, the amazing author and illustrator Guido Van Genechten encourages us to dream up possibilities with the most basic of things - just shapes!
Why we like this book:
- Shows us that just a few things, namely 4 red circles, 4 yellow triangles and 4 blue squares,
we can come up with a dazzling array of things!
- Shows us the power of creativity!
- Encourages us to create new things with limited resources
- Our favourite way of playing and recreating the pictures in this book - by cutting out similar pieces made out of felt / magnetic sheets / thick cardstock paper to create the pictures over and over again
- Cut the shapes out of paper and choose 1 picture to form,
then glue it onto a black paper as backing, to display!
- Spot colours and shapes wherever we go
- Learn about the different parts and properties of
circles (eg radius, diameter, circumference),
squares (4 right angles, all sides are equal, can be divided further into smaller squares), and
triangles (isosceles, equilateral, 3 sides, 3 angles, 3 vertices, sum of internal angles always equal to 180°)
- Explore how to draw triangles of different sizes
- Learn how to use a compass to draw circles
- Explore drawing on graph paper or dot paper just for fun
These make for lovely rainy day activities!
Did you know?
Guido Van Genechten
Recommended for Ages: 2-8
Language: Simplified Chinese
Author/Illustrator: Guido Van Genechten
Translated from: English
Translated by: 大麦