Find out how the 12 Animals of the Chinese zodiac came to be in this fictional story!
Learn the sequence of the Chinese Zodiac too.
- Is this story fact or fiction?
- Why do you think someone came up with the Chinese Zodiac?
- How do you find out someone's age on any given year? By subtracting their birth year from the current year. eg 2020 - 2015 = 5 years old
- Why does New Year's Day differ from the first day of Lunar New Year?
Extension Activity Ideas:
- Bring this book along during CNY visitation and gatherings, then find out the zodiac animals of each family and their birth years
- For family members with the same zodiac animals, are their ages really different by multiples of 12?
- Learn about the different animals of the Chinese Zodiac
Recommended for Ages: 3-8
Language: Simplified Chinese