Parents have been requesting us to bring in more 3D pop-up books on Chinese festivals, as they find their kids really love this genre of books. This pop up book's highlights are its intricate paper art, which is so special to Chinese culture.
For families with slightly older kids, or for parents who would love to admire amazing artwork, this book is definitely for you! The first reaction when kids and adults open this book is usually "Wow!" with ooohs and aaahs.
Imagine holding in your hand beautifully cut 3D pop-out pieces, and soaking yourself in the Chinese New Year atmosphere, without needing to leave your home, all through the year!
- Many small interactive elements, with a few beautiful big pop-ups
- Showcases Chinese New Year preparations and celebrations
- Comes with a lantern craft and traditional paper cutting-style decoration to further enjoy the festivities!
- Can be enjoyed regardless of your proficiency in Mandarin - there's so much to explore!
- Why do Chinese like to decorate and dress themselves in red during CNY?
- Why do people like firecrackers during CNY? Are there any hazards?
- Why does Singapore ban fireworks and firecrackers?
- What shall we prepare to bring for reunion dinner?
Suggested extension activities:
- Watch videos of how people light firecrackers
- Make CNY decorations out of red packets
- Outing to soak in the CNY atmosphere:
Huayi Chinese festival of arts at esplanade,
River Hongbao at The Float, Marina Bay,
CNY festivities at Chinatown and more!
Pair the reading of this book and involve the children in some activities mentioned within the pages, and you're all set to usher in the new year in a really memorable way!
View this post on Instagram
LION DANCE Have you watched a lion dance before? I grew up watching Lion Dance Championships on TV during lengthy New Year visitations! We'd marvel at how precise, strong and well-coordinated the lion dancers must be, especially when they're performing complicated routines on high poles 😱 Definitely not for the faint-hearted. We brought the boys to watch some lion dances in local shopping malls the previous years, but they were often put off by how loud everything was! This year, after reading our 《欢乐中国年》 pop-up book, we opted to watch lion dance in the comfort of our home on Youtube, just for fun! Here is the link for the top 4 winners of Singapore National Lion Dance Competition 2019 - have fun watching! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6L099UX0zw Get your copy of this amazing pop up book on our webstore now!