Even if you have a girl, she's probably going to be laughing out loud too!
Find out together how toilets have evolved over the years, with a Chinese spin to it. In the past animals and humans used to pee and poo all around, but it soon led to all kinds of awful diseases, some even had deadly consequences. Since then, mankind has been on a continual quest to address this biological function.
I absolutely love this 生活小百科 series, that is highly relatable to our daily life, and causes us to wonder about what we may take for granted, like basic sanitation. The other titles in the series are 做梦 and 记事情 on dreaming and remembering things, also available on the webstore. Do NOT miss those as well!
Recommended for Ages: 2-12
Language: Simplified Chinese
Author / Illustrator: 周翔
- What things are in our home washroom?
- What do people do in the washroom?
- Where can you find the cleanest toilet in the country?
- Can you imagine a washroom many many years ago?
- How did our grandparents pee and poo in the kampung? Did they do it in a communal hole too?
- Window shop where they sell nothing but toilet bowls, sinks, taps, with other kitchen and toilet fixtures
- Chat with a friend who has a pet, and ask how do they clean their poop
- Go on an excursion to PUB at Marina Barrage and ask the staff what happens to our pee and poop in sewage, and where do they go to!
View this post on Instagram
2/365 #每日共读 《上厕所》 First trimester is different for each mama, for each baby. The throwing up this round is the worst, but at least I can swallow and have food to eat! Better days ahead. If kids can't find me at home, this is the place they'll look. Amazing to see the evolution of toilets in this witty and funny book! Side note: There is a beautiful view from the washroom on Mount Faber (where you take the cable car). They even have a fish aquarium inside the washroom! Kids took way longer than required in the gents. Title available on our webstore ➡️mystorytreasury.com⬅️