你的家我的家 Your Home My Home
Read this beautiful title that discusses how humans have sought to solve life problems by building shelter, and improving upon the design till it resembles our modern home.
We absolutely adore how author promote critical thinking via thoughtful questions, making the topic alive and relevant to little ones.
- What kind of home do you or your friends stay in?
- Why do people and animals need shelter?
- What are some structures that animals build for their homes? Eg ant hill, bird nest
- How have people built homes in the past?
- Why do we need the spring clean during Chinese New Year?
Extension activities:- Visit a friend's home to see the differences in layout of the home, find similarities in living areas.
- Take a field trip to IKEA or a flat showroom to see other homes!
View this post on Instagram
6/365 #每日共读 #2《你的家 我的家》 After - visiting Happy Homebodies by @graciechai and @theartground crew, - reading about different building materials in 《各种各样的房子》 - watching a video of a man building a mud hut in the Australian bush all by himself, we continue learning about homes by reading 《你的家 我的家》! Yes we are reading this book again, second time in a week. Love the conversational style of this book by one our favorite authors 加古里子, who is a master at making us think about the world around us. “对了， 我们需要一种能挡风的东西。 这就是墙壁。 有了屋顶和墙壁， 不管是下雨、 出太阳， 还是刮风， 我们都过得舒舒服服的。” Reading this book in the outdoor afternoon heat, makes me feel extra grateful to have a place called home, sheltered from the elements!