周爷爷童诗选 Grandpa Zhou's Poems for Kids (Set of 3)
Here is a beautiful collection of local poems for kids!
Zhou Can is a pioneer in the creation of children's poems in Singapore,
and in these books, we have some of his best works.
- 池塘里的声音 Sounds in the Pond
- 蝴蝶和胡姬花 The Butterfly and the Orchid
- 阳光 Sunlight
- 雾 Mist
- 含羞草 Mimosa
- 瀑布 Waterfall
- 电风扇 Electric Fan
and many more!
Why we love this set
- written in daily conversational Mandarin
- easy for kids to understand, not buried beneath classical language and difficult words
- there are photos of real-life nature elements like trees
- topics include nature, daily life, family, playground elements and more
- relatable for young kids
- based on sights and sounds in Singapore!
- encourage us to create our own rhymes too
- model for us that "rhymes" need not always rhyme,
that there can be cadences
and can capture a particular moment, feeling or feature of something
Recommended for Ages: 3 and up
No. of Books: 3
Language: Simplified Chinese