This is an unforgettable story of a child, her waitress mother and her grandmother saving up to buy a comfortable armchair, after everything they had was destroyed in a fire.
This heartwarming tale teaches us the importance of hard work, empathy and gratitude - values we need in our next generation.
- Where does the girl's mother work? Where do your parents work?
- Who is in this family? Who are there in your own family?
- What furniture did the family have, before the fire? Is it similar to the furniture you have?
- What is the family saving up for? Are you saving up for something too?
- How did Granny respond when the fire destroyed everything in their home?
- Find a way to help the less fortunate or someone in need, and just do it!
- Design a sofa
- Take a photo of your home and point out what is in the home
- Check out http://justsomething.co/where-children-sleep-20-powerful-photos-of-kids-bedrooms-from-around-the-world/ - a collection of photographs of children around the world. Let's learn to count our blessings and use our privilege to help others.
Suitable for ages 4-12