This is definitely a bookset to cherish for many many years!
I can't recommend this enough for any book-loving family!
These are hands-down THE BEST wordless books ever made.
Our family has read these for many years and still find new things to marvel at and wonder about every single time.
- Winter 寒冬 - 1st year's winter
- Spring 暖春 - 2nd year's spring
- Summer 盛夏 - 2nd year's summer
- Autumn 凉秋 - 2nd year's autumn
- Night 月夜 - 3rd year's summer at night
Awesome details within each of the 5 books:
- 40+ main characters throughout each book, and across the series
- Various animals and plants, each with exciting storylines!
- 7 scenes
- Apartment 住宅, garden 花园, bus stop 公交车/巴士站
- Farm 农场, car repair shop 维修站, petrol station 加油站
- Train station 火车站, newspaper stand 报刊亭, snack stand 小吃店, seafood stall 鱼店
- Kindergarten 幼儿园, cultural center 文化中心 (with a exhibition hall 展览馆, library 图书馆, performing arts space 小剧场)
- Town square 广场, hotel 旅店, pharmacy 药店, fruit and vegetable stall 果蔬店, bakery 面包店/房, bookshop 书店, barbershop 理发店, dental clinic 牙科诊所, newspaper stand 报刊亭
- Departmental store 百货公司, carpark 停车场
- Park 公园, mini zoo 动物园, pond 池塘, cafe 咖啡馆, playground 儿童游乐场
Features that make this set exceptional and like no other:
- Extremely detailed illustrations over a big two-page spread, about A4 size
- Illustrations are so gentle and heartwarming!
Board book and hardcover with sturdy pages, and rounded corners
- Book always lie flat for optimal viewing!
- Tons of details about different aspects of life 衣食住行, city and street sights 城市街景, all things in the markets 市井百态
- Many different characters with their interesting storylines!
- Search and find, look for items hidden within the illustrations
- 600+ English and Mandarin vocabulary terms to learn - with contextual and visual clues
- Visual prompts good for conversation starters eg clock - what is it used for? What is the english and mandarin term for it? Where can it be found in our own home or outside?
- Opportunities to hone math skills - How many types of animals are there? How many of each animal are there?
We can work on skills like:
- Visual perception
- Focus and observation
- Logical deduction
- Mathematics skills
- Acquiring vocabulary
- Language expression
Recommended for Ages: 1-99
Number of books in set: 5
Format: Hardcover and Board book
Language: Simplified Chinese
Author: Rotraut Susanne Berner