Bedtime Stories with Hanyu Pinyin (Set of 100)
When we saw this bookset, it was love at first sight!
I honestly think every single family should have this bookset,
to introduce a wide variety of quick stories in Mandarin to our children.
What we love about this set
- Excellent value for money
- Has a whopping 100 stories
- Covers a great range of topics
ranging from fairy tales, idiom stories, fables and more
- Very thin and light - portable
- Stories are really short and succinct, about 10 pages each
perfect for bedtime reading, or quick reads on-the-go
- Has free audio narration, by scanning the QR code
- Has hanyu pinyin - such a lifesaver for us parents 🥳
- Perfect for primary school children to read on their own,
or bring to school for silent reading
- Illustrations are adorable
- Language used is simple, yet with descriptive phrases we can learn to improve our speech and writing
There is so much mileage - can fit any learning theme, and used to support my kids' interests.
Sharing how we pair the stories with my kids' interests, outings or curiosities
- After watching an animation on Youtube, we read 《三个和尚》about 3 monks who refused to carry water from the well at the bottom of the hill. Only after a fire broke out in the temple, they learnt the value of teamwork.
- When talking about lighting in the house, we read 《凿壁偷光》about a poor man who worked in the day and wanted to study at night but he could not afford to buy candles. He asked his wealthy neighbour if he could go to their house to study with their light, but got despised and rejected. He later made a hole in the wall, to study in his own home through the borrowed light.
- My child was learning the nursery rhyme 大象 and we read 《曹冲称象》
The trick will be to observe your child,
to see what is something that interests him or her,
or hear what kinds of questions they are asking -
and then find a related book to read!
If you're looking for detailed and complete stories,
this bookset will not be a good fit for you.
Recommended for Ages: 2-10
Number of books: 100
Number of pages: 1000
Language: Simplified Chinese with Hanyu Pinyin
I'm glad the words are big - many of the other similar small books I own have tiny words so this is a major plus point! The illustrations are very vivid and cute. With the hanyu pinyin I can read out loud to my kids. Many of these books have a simple moral at the end too. I can also use Luka Hero with these simple books!
Highly recommended 👍🏼. Easy for kids to read and understand with the help of Hanyu Pinyin.