文化都在节日里 Culture Is Found in Our Festivals
This big and amazing pop-up book showcasing our Chinese culture is just awesome! We had a great time poring through the details.
Another gem that has lots of mileage, can be used in bite-sized portions for multiple kids, over the months and years! I believe this will make an awesome addition to every home library.
Some features that knock our socks off:
- Covers 8 major Chinese festivals
- Contains 170+ little facts
- Has almost 50 interactive components for little hands to explore!
- Mentions 21 legends and tales
- There are 3 groups of characters that span the entire book! There's a family of 4 observing the changes in seasons. A little boy who lost his dog, and we can help to look for it in the pages! Lastly, there's a grandson and grandfather pair who learns about Chinese traditions and creates memories over festivals.
- Book is huge! When the book is opened, the 2-page spread is larger than A3 size!
Suitable for ages 3-12
Type: Board book with interactive flaps
Size: 336mm x 256mm
My 2.5 year old daughter loves this book. It also helps me to introduce her to the different types of Chinese festivals and their origins. I bought a few of this book for my Singaporean friends living abroad as I think their kids would love to learn more about our Chinese culture.
This is an oversized pop-up book about festivals, filled with a plethora of facts. We bring it out on special occasions, and it creates a sense of anticipation and tradition. It's mainly the pictures and the popups my youngest ones look at, but the words share a lot of good information for an adult or an older child. It's not the type of book you would read from cover-to-cover. Just one page is enough! It's a celebratory literary treat.
The size of the book is much bigger than I thought and it has a lot of content inside. My child loves the pop-up pages and the stories related to the traditions. Love the colours and the illustrations in the book as well!
My child was enamoured with the pop-up pages! The explanations, while interesting, may be a little difficult for young children. Nevertheless, it’s a beautiful book to capture children’s attention with.