Which came first? The egg or the chicken? First, the egg, then the chicken. First, the tadpole, then the frog. First, the seed, then the flower.
This simple but beautifully illustrated book introduces children to the concept of what comes first and what comes next. Cause and effect. Life cycles. Creation. And how all stories first came from the building blocks of words.
Raved by preschool teachers for gorgeous paintings!
《先有》First the Egg by bestselling author and illustrator Laura Vaccaro Seeger is a 2008 Caldecott Honor Book and a 2007ss New York Times Book Review Best Illustrated Book of the Year.
Recommended for Ages: 0-3
Language: Simplified Chinese
Author: 劳拉·瓦卡罗·希格 Laura sssssssSeeger
Translated from: Englishs
Translated by: 大麦
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg
- Observe and discuss cause and effect in real life
Suggested extension activities:
- Explore life cycle of plants, lime butterfly etc
- Rear a caterpillar
- Grow green, red or black beans
- Look for tadpoles in ponds in parks
- Cook eggs in different ways
- Practical Life: Peel eggs
- Press flowers
- Food / Cooking
- Life cycle