37 stores are open 24/7 - come join our window shopping trip to see a
- bookstore 书店
- toy store 玩具店
- vegetable shop 蔬菜店
- bakery 面包店
- stationery store 文具店
Why we like this book:
- Adorable and brightly coloured illustrations 好温馨的画风
- Lots of details to pore over
- Great for building oral vocabulary
- Scenes are suitable to write short compositions of few sentences!
- We can go shopping anytime, anyday, without even leaving our home
- Great for reading on a rainy day, or while waiting at a restaurant
Conversation starters / Things we talked about:
- Difference between wants and needs
- How to earn, save, spend money
- Where does money come from? ATM? Credit Card?
- Go on an outing to neighbourhood stores, and let the child take some photos. When back home, compare the photo against a similar store in the book! What are the similarities and differences?
- Write a shopping list, and brief child on what to say / how to buy in Mandarin, and let the child lead the way!
Words to learn 好词好句:
- 欢迎光临 huān yíng guāng lín - Welcome to our store
- 谢谢光临 xiè xiè guāng lín Thank you for coming to our store
- 琳琅满目 lín láng mǎn mù - Dazzling array, full of beautiful things
- 应有尽有 yīng yǒu jìn yǒu - Having everything one would expect to find
- 垂涎欲滴 chuí xián yù dī - Salivating
Recommended for Ages: 2 and up
Language: Simplified Chinese
Author: 【日】齐藤忍 Saito, Shinobu
Translated from: Japanese
Translated by: 郭孚