《汉字是画出来的》 is a perfect book to start kids on word recognition.
When words were in its infancy stage, they were presented as drawings on turtle shells and animal bones. Introducing oracle bone script to little ones help them appreciate the history and beauty behind each character that they eventually learn to recognise, recite and write - making learning Chinese so much more meaningful!
Why we love this book
- Tells us the story of how words came to be, shows the meaning of words
- 108 words that are high-frequency and relevant to our daily life
- The pages on the right are like riddles to solve! Make a guess as to what word it is, before turning the page to reveal the answer!
Recommended for Ages: 2-99
Language: Simplified Chinese
- How do you think people of the past recorded down what happened?
- Do you see any parts of your name in the book?
- After reading a book, open this reference book to find a character of the same topic eg 鱼 in a book about fish, and the learn to draw the oracle bone script drawing.
Is your child showing interest in learning to read and write? Check out this collection of tools that make learning to read and write lots of fun!
View this post on Instagram
4/365 #每日共读 #2 《汉字是画出来的》 This is my favorite reference book now! When the pages are juxtaposed against the actual nature element - the evolution of the Chinese character makes so much sense. Surely helps us remember the shape and meaning of the words better! 草 grass 🌾 木 wood 🌳 林 woods 🌳🌳 花 flower 🌷 雨 rain 🌧️ Title available on our webstore ➡️mystorytreasury.com⬅️
Item arrived swiftly and packed and insulated well. Great books in superb condition
The book brought insights into many basic written mandarin words. My children (5-6yos) had fun guessing each picture and celebrated when they guessed it correctly; and took time to understand why a certain word is drawn in a particular manner when they didn't. Adults and children alike can enjoy the book together.
Not only a reference book but it also attracts my daughter attention and interest in writing.
A must-have book for a beginner.