小羊上山 Little Lamb Goes up the Hill - Mandarin Levelled Readers (5 Levels, Total 50 Books)
My child's Chinese teacher highly recommended this set of books to help him have more confidence in independent reading. Am excited to share this bookset with you!
- 30 books
- spanning 3 levels
- each level covers 60 words
- Use high frequency words and pictorial support
- to let children guess the meaning of words in the story
- For the first level, every book uses only about 15-30 words - easier to read and less stressful
- Focus terms for each story appears repeatedly, so children can remember and understand the related vocabulary, sentence structures and context
- Increment in difficulty level is kept small so as to protect the child's interest in reading, and also maximise sense of achievement
- Sentences intentionally contain newer words amidst "older" and more familiar words to boost confidence
- In level 3, there are 2 additional sections
- 趣味小问答 to ask some questions related to the story, to allow parents to check if their child understands the story
- 陪孩子一起读 to help parents summarise and mentally organise the content of the story, so that parents can discuss the main points and help their children to reflect more
- Comes with a parent guide with easy-to-digest pointers in comics form
- Includes word lists, word cards and achievement certificates for sense of achievement
- At the end of every book, there is a little game, activity or interesting science fact!
This set of readers pairs very well with a structured reading curriculum such as 四五快读 Si Wu Kuai Du - 4, 5 Quick Read!
Suitable for ages: 3-9
Language: Simplified Chinese
No regrets buying this set of books. My child loves it! She is able to attempt to read on her own for the level one books as the words repeat throughout the books to reinforce learning. This helps to boost her confidence level. I like that there is a sheet comprising all of the words in each level. We pasted on the wall and my child has fun identifying the words.
Thanks LX for the recommendation that this series greatly complement the siwukuaidu series. My 3 year old daughter has built a lot of confidence finding that she can read the stories by herself. The illustrations also encourage kinetic learning. Finally, she loves the activities at the end of the book that reinforce learning.
These books are wonderful - my eldest (7yo) will attempt to read the books by herself and I love how proud she would be of herself 🤩 Beautifully illustrated too!
My son who is usually resistant towards Chinese reading has come to enjoy this set as the words are simple and the illustrations are very attractive. What I like most about it are the short activities at the end of each story to consolidate his understanding. Highly recommend this set!
Dear Kerui, thank you for your review of these leveled readers! Rejoicing with you that this set has encouraged him to enjoy reading more Chinese books (:
Bright pictorial my boys love it