数不清！大自然的生物多样性 Lots: The Diversity of Life on Earth
There are lots of living creatures everywhere,
in the desert, under the sea, or in hot springs.
All living things depend on each other,
from the food they eat, where they live, and ways in which they grow!
Humankind has discovered more than a million different species of flora and fauna,
and scientists estimate that many more millions are undiscovered!
Among these, many are already extinct and have vanished from the face of the earth.
If there are fewer and fewer flora and fauna in the world,
can humans still survive?
What we love about this book:
- Illustrations are gorgeous and realistic! We can follow our curiosities and research more about any creatures that catch our eye.
- Montessori-friendly title
- Showcases the amazing biodiversity of our world
- Inspires us to care for all of creation as stewards of the earth
- Written in conversational tone, easy to read!
- Includes numbers and statistics about creatures eg number of types of fungi, microorganisms
- In some of the pictures, there is a little girl taking notes and recording observations of living things - this is a wonderful model for little children to follow
- Illustrates the concept of food chain and methods of reproduction of certain plants - helps reinforce school science curriculum
- Which animals can you recognise in the book?
- How many types of insects / fish / birds / trees / flowers do you know?
- If you could be an animal, which animal would you be, and why?
Recommended for Ages: 2-10
Language: Simplified Chinese
Author: Nicola Davies
Illustrator: Emily Sutton
Translated from: English
Translated by: 朱恩伶