This wordless book by master illustrator Peter Spier is a priceless gem.
The English version of this exact same book is out of print, but worry not, you can get yours here! The insides are the same, because there are no words!
The illustrations capture the child-like wonder of a rainy day. So many details to pore over, and the fact that it is wordless means we can come up with our own stories! This also means our narration is different every single time (:
Lovely book to learn some 好词好句 while describing the scenes!
- Go on a rainy day walk! Jump in puddles.
- Take a long bus ride on a rainy day and watch the world go by!
- Play eye-spy on a rainy day
- lady with umbrella,
- car with headlights on and wipers swishing left and right,
- child in a raincoat,
- vehicle making splashes,
- a man running in the rain without an umbrella
My girl loves rainy days, so this book is perfect! We love that it’s without words and gave us more room to explore and talk about with it detailed illustrations!