My kids and I are enjoying these titles by local author Emily Lim!
What we love about them:
- Realistic illustrations by Cheng Puay Koon.
- LOCAL wildlife - it's really meaningful to get to know about the animals that also call our country home.
- Relatable - because we get to see these animals around the island - except the pangolin which is rarer, and hopefully the python and macaques from afar!
- Books are BILINGUAL! We're able to describe and discuss about the animals in both English and Mandarin.
- Facts about the animals in both languages. Appreciate the author doing the research and presenting these simple and interesting facts!
Set of 5 includes:
- Hornbills in Our Neighbourhood 犀鸟，我们的新邻居
- Little Otter, Litter Trouble 一直受困的小水獭
- Macaques in our Estate 猕猴来到了我们家
- Python in the Playground 游乐场来了一位“客人”
- Why did the pangolin cross the road? 穿山甲为什么要过马路?
Sharing some resources that we have enjoyed while learning about local wildlife! Hope these deepens your learning and helps your family enjoy nature more.
Differences between hornbills and toucans