儿童新唱计划: 我们的儿歌画故事 The Nursery Rhymes Project 1 & 2: Paint Our Songs (Set of 2)
Can you guess the missing lyrics?
蓝蓝的天空银河里，有只 ___ ___ ___
走走走走走，我们小手拉小手，走走走走走，一同 ___ ___ ___
一二三四五六七, 我的朋友 ___ ___ ___
三轮车跑得快， ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
世上只有 ___ ___ ___
If you can complete at least one or two songs from memory, you'd have witnessed the power of music in learning of a language!
In our Sing September 2020 Instagram Project at #funplaywithchinese x #mandarinagainstallodds, we've heard many stories of how music has helped many families come to enjoy Chinese again.
A gift handed down
from one generation
to the next"
We're really privileged and excited to stock The Nursery Rhymes Project books, produced by 实践剧场 The Theatre Practice and illustrated by 阿果 Ah Guo @kowfong! In these books, we find songs from our childhood to reminisce and teach our next generation, and some new ones to learn together.
- Gorgeous watercolour illustrations by @kowfong with a uniquely Singaporean flavour, making this bookset a snapshot of local life in this day and age, that can be enjoyed for many years to come.
- Song lyrics for reference, printed clearly on a high contrast background for readability.
- English translation of the song lyrics, which is really helpful when we explain the meaning of the songs.
- (Book 2 Only) Related activity for each song, in both English and Chinese. I find this a value-add for us busy parents, as we can extend learning from the song easily with the pre-prepared conversation starters and activity ideas. Examples of activities are connecting the song lyrics to our life experiences, changing the lyrics to the songs, or drawing something that is related to the song.
- High quality audio soundtracks to enjoy the lovely music. In Book 1, a CD or USB flash drive is included. In Book 2, a USB flash drive is included. Perfect to play in the car or enjoy at home! If you're put off by screechy high-pitched or revolutionary-sounding Chinese songs, fret not. These recordings are made by a professional team including 董姿彦 Joanna Dong, Ric Liu, Juni Goh, Ethel Yap and other bilingual theatre practitioners, so you can be sure the songs are of great quality.
- Song list includes childhood favourites, traditional folk songs and beloved hits from The Theatre Practice's own children's musicals
Book 1 (Blue cover):
1. 小白船 The Little White Boat
2. 捕鱼歌 The Fisherman's Song
3. 看你数清数不清 You Can't Count Them
4. 郊游 Outing
5. 我的朋友在哪里 Where's My Friend
6. 当我们同在一起 The More We Get Together
7. 小老鼠上灯台 Little Mouse on Lampstand
8. 送别 Parting
9. 紫竹调 The Purple Bamboo Flute
10. 青春舞曲 The Song of Youth
11. 坐火车 On the Train
12. 没答案的问题 Questions without Answers
Book 2 (Pink cover):
1. 稻草里的火鸡 The Turkey in the Straw Field
2. 小毛驴 My Little Donkey
3. 捉泥鳅 Catching Loaches
4. 两只老虎 Two Tigers
5. 我家门前有小河 The Stream By My Home
6. 白杨树 Poplar Tree
7. 三轮车（念）The Trishaw (Recitation)
8. 三轮车（唱）The Trishaw (Song)
9. 西风的话 The Whisper of the West Wind
10. 打电话 Make A Phone Call
11. 世上只有妈妈好 In This World, Mothers Are Best
12. 乡间的小路 The Country Road
13. 我要上天的那一晚 Day I Met the Stars
The illustrations are not only beautiful but can be enjoyed by adults as well, given the high nostalgia value. My daughter (2.3yrs) loves the songs from the books and can memorise most of the lyrics to the music and sings along with me. Understand the author is coming out with another book in the series soon and we can't wait!
Beautiful illustrations by one of my favourite artists. I wasn’t familiar with Chinese songs but wanted to learn some to share with my baby - these books were a great help! The songs are really moving too - different from the usual children’s songs. We’ve been singing the songs for more than a year now (on the way to school, before bed, at breakfast etc). They’ve helped create some lovely memories and bonding moments with my child.
Would be great if we could play the songs directly from a common app like Spotify, or have the clips downloaded. But otherwise, great purchase! Thanks for bringing these in!
My 4 years old enjoys listening to the songs every night. She will sing along and dance with the tune.
It is a great way for them to pick up the language through fun and music!
OMG i must rave your "paint our songs project".
i bought both books and have been playing the songs on repeat in my car since my child was just a few months old. she now 26 months and now knows & hums to every tune. she would also sing a long and tell me when her favourite song is being played.
my husband would ask for the book as reference to make sure we are saying and learning the right words.
personally, i LOVE the song quality. not childish, very tasteful and classical.
its really a book/song for the WHOLE FAMILY
Stunning water-colour illustrations! And lots of references to culture that can be used to generate discussions with the kids when they are older.
Many of these songs were sung by my in-laws when they were younger and it's very heartwarming to see them reminisce about their past as they sing to the grandkids. My kids enjoy learning these songs and have been asking to sing a few of them over and over again. A treasured set!